Bordeaux 2012 to surpass 2011

13 September, 2012

CEO of CA Grands Crus, Thierry Budin, has predicted this year’s Bordeaux vintage could surpass that of 2011, despite an unseasonably wet July in the south west corner of France.

Boudin, who presides over six Bordeaux chateaux, located mostly in the Medoc, told Drinks International: “We were afraid at the beginning of July because the weather was quite wet but we expect it will be a good vintage.

“It is too early to say which year it [2012] will compare to but it seems the conditions of the grapes may be better than in 2011.”

Budin said the harvesting of dry white grapes, of which CA Grands Crus owns seven hectares, had already begun. “We were surprised with the quality of the white wines which had good acidity and a lot of aromas,” he said.

“We will start harvesting our young Merlot vines around September 25, [the remaining] Merlot from October 1 and finish with Cabernet Sauvignon.”

Even this close to harvest, Budin warned against making too firmer forecasts. “We could lose everything in a week so it is [really] too early to envisage,” he said.

CA Grands Crus’ 2010 vintages have been sold to Bordeaux negociants and are now entering global markets.

They include: Château Grand-Puy Ducasse 2010 (14.5% abvChâteau Meyney, Saint-Estèphe (14.5%); Château Blaignan 2010 Cru Borugeois, Médoc (13.5%), Château la Tour de Mons 2010, Cru Bourgeois Margaux (14%); and Château de Rayne Vigneau 2010 ler Grand Cru Classé Sauternes (13.5%). 




Bookmark this


Events

Facebook

Twitter