The Pernod Ricard team were in London today (February 18) to flesh on the bones for their half year interim results which were announced last week.
Rendez-Vous by Vinexpo, the three tasting days to be offered to American consumers in New York on November 16, 17 and 18 this year has been “postponed”.
A statement from organiser Vinexpo said: “After a lot of effort and taking everything carefully into consideration, the decision has been taken to postpone the event. At this time, 52 tasting areas out of the 150 scheduled have been reserved by Vinexpo customers, often together with their American importers. Even if the range represented features a diversified set of top quality, international products, it still remains a long way off the minimum number of exhibits that was originally decided.”
Robert Beynat, chief executive of Vinexpo felt the limited offering would fail to attract the visitors they wanted.
He said: “We don’t want our exhibitors, who invest in this new project to risk having mixed success.
“However the unparalleled quality of the master classes based on world class wines that have been proposed and the immediate enthusiasm shown by some exhibitors convince us that this event is well positioned. This decision to postpone is responsible with regard to our customers and our partners.”